Thursday, September 23, 2010

Savoring the Thyme

http://www.savoringthethyme.com/wp-content/themes/thesis_17/custom/images/overlay.png

Roasted Garlic Hummus Quesadilla
September 23, 2010
View Article

http://www.savoringthethyme.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/IMG_7743.jpg

One of the aspects of my job with Sabra Hummus is to get creative with recipes (not bad thing right?) so I decided this morning that I was going to make a sandwich.

I went to work using leftover whole chicken, a half used red pepper, some reduced fat Athenos Feta and some Sabra Roasted Garlic Hummus. I simply spread some hummus on the Flatout Light Italian Wrap and topped with some thin slices of chicken. I then chopped up the red pepper (use a lot for the crunch factor) and some feta.

I then grilled it (on my press) until crispy, allowed it to cool slightly on a cooling rack and then consumed. Naturally my husband and son saw me munching and came a running.

Have you tried using hummus in grilled sandwiches? What recipes do you do most often with hummus?

No comments: