Friday, June 5, 2009

Sarah Is Healthy

April 1, 2009
View the article.

Product Review: Sabra Hummus

My new FAVORITE fairy named Stephanie sent me FOUR flavors of Sabra to try! I don’t think she realizes just how much I LOVE Sabra!



Sun Dried Tomatoes



I was excited to try this flavor, because after reading Missy’s review of this flavor, it sounded delish! She is so right! It reminded me of pizza! So so good! Pretty rich too – I think I would definitely buy it again! It had a very pretty presentation. I do wish there was more of the spices & pile of tomatoes in the middle – more would kick it up a bit.

Chipotle



I really liked this flavor. It was spicy and delicious! So so good. I love all things Chipotle! I can’t get over how good this flavor is. Chris said it’s his favorite flavor too and he used to buy it all the time on his midnight runs to Harris Teeter.

Roasted Pine Nuts



This flavor is really top notch. You can’t go wrong with pinenuts and hummus! I looooove that the sabra comes topped with lots of spices and gunk of pinenuts and stuff in the middle. We love mixing that into the hummus. I love scooping pita bread into the pine nut hummus and picking up some pine nuts with each bite. Delish!

Classic



Smooth, creamy, classic. You can’t really go wrong with this flavor. For entertaining purposes we like to sprinkle with paprika before serving to add a pop of color. Best served warmed up with Stacy’s Pita Chips, or toasted whole wheat pita bread slices. I also like to drizzle of swirl of olive oil into the hummus. And sometimes if I happen to have garbanzo beans on hand, I will garnish with the garbanzos! Love me some hummus!!

I would LOVE to try some of the interesting Sabra hummus flavors that I haven’t located in my local grocery stores. Hopefully the Sabra hummus fairy will visit me again. These look incredible:
• Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
• Chunky Hummus
• Roasted Garlic Hummus
• Greek Olive Hummus – I don’t even like olives but this looks amazing!
• Supremely Spicy Hummus
• JalapeƱo Hummus
• Cranberry & Fig Hummus – this looks REALLY interesting, I haven’t seen it anywhere!
• Caramelized Onion Hummus
• Peppadew Hummus

No comments: